Tuesday, March 23, 2010

THE MIGHTY GENTS by RIchard Wesley


I first heard about this play after watching Morgan Freeman on the Actor's Studio. Figured I would check it out since it was one of his first performances on Broadway in the role of "Zeke". This material reminds me so much of people I grew up around. I think it's a play about the importance of validity and being somebody. These people were somebody at some point in their lives regardless in what context by which they acquired their positions. Times passes and they no longer have that validation and they try desperately to hold on to it while behaving according to their residual image... Time passes by and they end up with nothing but on the brink where a man has to do something or that's it. He leaves the world and ends up with nothing, and it's too late. Everyone else has move on and did something productive with their lives, or so it seems... Sad and a scary reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment